Brother PE525 Embroidery Machine Review
Most higher priced embroidery machines work as a combo machine and are able to perform both embroidery and sewing duties. While having both these features in one machine can be convenient, if you already own a sewing machine or don’t do much sewing at all, then you’ll want to look for a model that focuses only on embroidery and embroidery related features.
If you’re interested in a dedicated embroidery machine, you should take a closer look at the Brother PE525. This model is designed for the beginner and is easy to set up and use. This model provides an average sized work surface that measures in at four by four inches. The number of included features will help the sewer to create a wide range of customized designs.
This machine works by following a programmable pattern. The sewer can easily choose from the preloaded design patterns using the LCD screen, place their fabric in the correct position and monitor the stabilizer to ensure that the fabric remains flat during the process. Once this machine starts the embroidery process, the internal computer guides the thread and will only require input in the event a thread change is needed. This simple design makes this machine easy to use for all skill levels.
Brother Embroidery Machine Assessment and Features
This machine can connect to the internet via a USB cable, so you’ll be able to import thousands of embroidery designs, instantly from the iBoridery.com site.
This embroidery machine comes with five font options and seventy preloaded embroidery designs.
The included user’s manual is available in English and Spanish. This detailed manual does a great job of walking you through the entire setup process. The manufacturer also offers free technical support via phone or email. Brother also provides a twenty-five-year product warranty on all parts, which is pretty impressive.
Three Important Facts About This Machine
- This is a lightweight machine that weighs in at just over twenty-two pounds, so it’s easy to move from room to room or transport.
- The illuminated workspace allows the user to clearly see their embroidery machine in action if they’re working at night or in a dimly lit room.
- The rate of stitching this model offers is pretty impressive at four hundred stitches per minute.
The display screen features left and right side column keys that can be used to control some of the machine’s functions, such as accessing the memory, next page, previous page, embroidery settings, and sewing stitch selection.
Embroidery Machine by Brother Pros and Cons
Pros: The LCD screen provides precise control and easy navigation for many of the embroidery machine’s functions. The machine’s functions can also be periodically updated by connecting to iBroidery.com.
The model’s bobbin system can be set up quickly, which is essential for newbies. This system offers premium stitch quality. The thread tension system can also be easily adjusted, which is important if you’re working on a more complicated design. The bobbin system also utilizes jam-resistant technology.
The cover and bobbin system are transparent, so the user can easily replace the bobbin when it’s low on thread. Setting up the thread and bobbin will take a little practice if you’ve never used an embroidery machine before, but the process is actually pretty straightforward.
This machine is a great option if you mainly work on small embroidery projects. Even though this model doesn’t come packed with a ton of bells and whistles, it offers a tough, reliable performance.
This model comes with an advanced threading mechanism. The thread is easily pushed through the needle’s eye with just a press of a lever, and with the bobbin winding system, setting up a new project is a total breeze.
Cons: Because this machine is an embroidery only model it may be a little limiting if you don’t currently have a sewing machine and are on a tight budget. The smaller workspace area can also be limiting, especially if you want to work on larger projects such as tablecloths or blankets.
A smaller work surface will require the user to constantly rehoop their project, which can be time-consuming and frustrate for beginners. If you’re looking for a model with more power and a larger work area, take a look at the Janome MB4S embroidery machine, which is available at a higher price, but has more to offer in terms of features and overall functionality.
- Some beginners had complaints that using the LCD touchscreen was very complicated. Sorting through the stitch, frame, and design options can be a long process that’s not as intuitive as they would have liked.
- We felt that the user’s manual adequately explained the setup and menu options. However, if you run into issues using this machine you can take advantage of the machine’s preloaded tutorials which can walk you through the process.
PE525 Embroidery Machine by Brother Conclusion and Rating
- This model is perfect for anyone who’s interested in learning how to embroider, or even the avid embroiderer who wants to complete their projects faster. Because it offers an internet connection, you’ll have access to an unlimited amount of designs and fonts.
- The smaller workspace area may be a deal breaker for sewers who work on larger projects, but it’s just the right size for beginners or sewers who commonly work on smaller projects such as towels, napkins, and clothing.
The Brother PE525 embroidery machine is easy to setup and use and is a good option for the beginner on a budget.
This machine delivers a powerful performance that can rival higher priced models. If you plan on focusing only on embroidery work, then this Brother model will not disappoint. Sewers who purchased this machine gave it a rating of four out of five stars for the preloaded fonts and designs, compatibility with iBroidery.com and the overall quality of this model.